Kenya Coast National Polytechnic (KCNP) was competitively selected by the Government of Kenya and the World Bank to be a Regional Flagship Marine Transport and Port Logistics Center in January 2018 under the East Africa Skills For Transformation and Regional Integration Project. (EASTRIP). The project involves three countries; Kenya, Ethiopia and Tanzania of which five TVET institutions were selected from Kenya. KCNP is therefore developing a Regional Center of Excellence in Marine Transport and Port Logistics, a centre which aims to develop competent graduates for the maritime sector. The Blue Economy is a new frontier for development in Kenya as the country tabs int0 the productive capacity of our water resources.
KCNP will play an important role in providing skilled labour for International Shipping Lines and Logistics companies, Kenya Port Authority, Kenya Ferry Services and Other Maritime Organizations. In addition, the ongoing construction of the Lamu Port under the Lamu South Sudan, Ethiopia Transport (LAPSSET) Corridor Project, will provide job opportunities for our graduates once complete. The centre is working very closely with the industry in terms of curriculum development, training, attachment, research and innovation.
- To produce highly skilled, competent and self driven operators and middle level human resource for industrial growth.
- To generate applied knowledge, innovations and technological solutions for solving practical problems in the workplace.
- To provide extension services to the community and society in general
- To strengthen good governance and effective management of the polytechnic
- To enhance existing linkages and collaborations and develop new once.