Mr. Michael Nyagah
Short Courses and University Programmes Coordinator
The Department is headed by a Coordinator and a Deputy Coordinator who work closely with all the Teaching Departments where the short courses are housed.
Kenya Coast National Polytechnic has, over the years, developed short term courses that are aimed at filling gaps in the professional knowledge. The courses are designed to give specific skill training and competencies needed for a particular career. The courses are market driven and promote the production of quality skilled human resource with the right values for growth in various sectors of the economy.
Our short courses are offered on part-time basis during the term and also during school holidays. They are open to professionals in the formal and informal sector, school leavers, and other persons who wish to upgrade their skills or acquire multiple skills.
Our graduates are highly skilled and are easily absorbed in the job market.
Through the short courses programmes, Kenya Coast National Polytechnic has attracted the following partners:
- The County Government of Mombasa under the Mombasa City Polytechnic Project
- Mvita Constituency under the “Skillz Mtaani” programme
- Kenya National Highways Authority (KeNHA)
- KCB Foundation under 2jiajiri programme
- World Vision Kenya (WVK)
- National Construction Authority (NCA)
- Equity Bank under “wings to fly”
Kenya Coast National Polytechnic has partnered with Masinde Muliro University of Science and Technology (MMUST) to offer courses in the Medical Sciences Department. These are:
- Diploma in Community Health and Development
- Certificate in Community Health and Development
- Diploma in Medical Biotechnology
- Certificate in Medical Biotechnology
For more details, please visit the Teaching Departments and Course Brochure.