The primary mission of Kenya Coast National Polytechnic, KCNP, is to provide comprehensive resources in support of the research, teaching and learning needs of the Kenya Coast National Polytechnic community.
To be a center of intense intellectual inquiries attuned to technological excellence.
- To understand research, teaching and learning needs of its users through comprehensive user needs assessment.
- Acquire information resources in both print and electronic format that satisfy user needs
- To classify and organize library materials for easy access and retrieval of information
- To preserve and ensure long lasting availability of information by repairing mutilated materials and curbing lose of library collection and resources through theft.
- To provide qualified personnel to serve students, staff, and other patrons
- To develop and maintain the collections, and evaluate services and activities on continual basis.
- To ensure safety and security of the library users through easily accessible and/or emergency measures and equipment.
- To keep abreast with emerging technologies in field of library and information management through seminars, workshops and continued learning.
Library Core Values
We are committed to:
Professionalism: Providing outstanding library service to our polytechnic community
Innovativeness: Adapting to the changing needs of our users utilizing innovative ideas, technologies, and services
Diversity and Inclusiveness:Upholding high standards of intellectual freedom for the exploration of diverse perspectives and ideas
Integrity: promoting academic integrity by educating users on copyright law, plagiarism and Intellectual property.
Customer satisfaction: Evaluate collection and services on continual basis to ensure they are satisfying users’ research, teaching, and learning needs.
Team Work: Fostering an environment of open communication, respect amongst our users and library personnel
Library Operation Schedule
Monday to Friday
8am – 8pm
9.00am – 3.00pm
Access to E- library: 192.168.1.5:8080