Rules of conduct and regulations
The library staff strives to provide patrons with spaces and environment conducive for private study and research needs. Persons violating library rules will be given one warning. If the misconduct continues, patrons will be asked to leave.
The following must be observed in the library:
- Bags, handbags, envelops must be left in the luggage room before entering the library.
- Marks of defaces made on library materials is prohibited.
- Cell phones must be kept on silent mode.
- Silence must strictly be observed in and around the library.
- No food and beverage allowed in the library.
- Personal textbooks are allowed in the library only with permission from the librarian on duty.
- No one is allowed to reserve library seats
- Re-shelving of materials used within the library is not allowed. Materials used should be left on the tables.
- Users are expected to check the condition of the book they intend to borrow to ensure it is in good condition before borrowing. Only those books that are in good condition will be loaned out.
- All books must be borrowed from the circulation counter.
- No library materials may be borrowed beyond the designated loan periods.
- All borrowed library materials will be stamped a date to indicate when the user is expected to return them. Users are expected to check the date immediately after borrowing.
- Loaned items cannot be transferred from one borrower to another but must be returned to the library and be formerly issued to the next user.
- The librarian may withhold or restrict the circulation of any library materials in the library as circumstances may dictate.
- The library will not accept responsibility for the loss or misplacements of personal belongings.
- Any library user who consistently violates the above rules and regulations may be denied access and use of the library resources by the library management.
- Serious misconduct by a library user in the library may lead the library management to resent the case to the Institution’s disciplinary committee.